Well, now that I have survived week two officially, I can say that one more week and I will have completed a quarter of the academy! CRAZY!
Highlight of the week: 100 contributions to GitHub! Woohoo!
I’m also really enjoying my classmates! Friday afternoon before heading out someone mentioned having brunch on Sunday in the classroom so that we could all work on the weekends homework together. It was a great idea and turned out even better. I got a solid seven hours of work done Sunday at school and I’m not sure I could of completed as much as I did without the valuable help of everyone there.
Topics Calvin (our instructor) covered this week:
- Responsive Web Development (or RWD)
- Font Awesome (great for icons)
- Sass (or Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets)
Although it looks as if we covered less topics than on Week 1, we were working on solidifying the concepts from last week along with learning a lot of new, more difficult concepts (at least to me!).
Homework Assignments by Day:
- Monday: Take the blog site from last Wednesday and make it responsive with a breakpoint of 320px. By far the hardest HW I had up to that point. See my post from that day.
- Tuesday: Take the layout site from last Tuesday and make it responsive. Also, switch the CSS for both the blog site and the layout site to SASS.
- Wednesday: Continue to refactor the CSS from Tuesday into SASS. Use a minimum of 3 @mixins.