Highlight of the week: Having parts of jQuery really click, finally. [Still much further to go, but feeling more confident in it each day.]
Topics Calvin (our instructor) covered this week:
- DOM [Document Object Model]
- Git (expanding our knowledge!)
Completely ridiculous theme song for jQuery by Code School that is annoyingly catchy:
Homework Assignments by Day:
- Monday: No class! Continued working on getting caught up from Week 2 and soaking in some more knowledge on previous topics.
- Wednesday: Create a SPA (single page application) Photo Album utilizing jQuery. In English: Create a “3 page” website that is only one page of HTML and call the hidden “pages” using jQuery on user events (link or nav clicks).
- Thursday: Demonstrate 10 unique jQuery events (practice traversing the DOM).
I am officially a quarter of the way through. Week three is complete, now onward to week four!